»General Information»Academic Policies»Credit Load
In general, matriculated students, not on academic probation, may register for a maximum number of credits (number of contact hours a course meets) as follows:
- 18 credits for each of the fall and spring semesters
- 6 credits for Summer Session (short)
- 9 credits for Summer Session (long)
- 4 credits for Winter Session
- Matriculated students with at least sophomore standing, a minimum GPA of 3.00 and no temporary grades are permitted to register for a maximum of 21 credits in each of the fall and spring semesters. Students who register for more than 18 equated credits in a regular semester will be charged a fee for Accelerated Study.
- Matriculated students who do not meet the above requirements may appeal for permission to register for additional credits through the USSC at least three business days before their scheduled time for registration.
- Students on academic probation are limited to a maximum of 13 equated credits in a regular semester.
- Students are not permitted to register for courses that meet during overlapping times. Students need to see USSC regarding this matter.