»General Information»Academic Policies»Courses on Permit at Other Institutions
Queens College students who plan to attend other institutions of higher education and have these credits applied to their Queens College undergraduate degrees must first obtain a permit from the Office of the Registrar, Jefferson Hall Room 100. Students considering studying abroad must receive prior permission and clearance from the Queens College Study Abroad Office, Kiely Room 183.
Approval for transfer credit and the determination of course equivalencies for courses taken on permit may be made only by the relevant academic departments. Students may not take Basic Skills courses on permit. Course taken on permit at other CUNY institutions will have both the credit and grade transferred to Queens College and will be reflected in the overall GPA for that student. If a student attends a Non-CUNY institution on permit then only the credits will be transferable. Please note that Queens College will transfer a maximum of 75 credits toward the Queens College degree.
To qualify for a permit a student must meet each of the following conditions:
- Be matriculated with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Have completed a minimum of six credits at Queens College
- Be currently attending Queens College or have been on a permit the preceding semester
- Be in at least the second semester of enrollment at Queens College
- Must have all required immunization completed at Queens College
CUNY ePERMIT : Instructions on how to file a CUNY e-Permit on-line via CUNY Portal
- Enter the CUNY Portal Login site at: https://www.cuny.edu
- Enter your portal login, or register for an account, if necessary
- On "My Page" click on: "e-Permit" located on the bottom left
- Enter your portal login
- After reading all the information on filling an e-Permit, click on: "Create New Permit" located on the top of the left-side menu
- All information must be completed on the e-Permit form before it can be submitted. Please take a note of the following important information: The CUNY Baccalaureate Program is a special program, which has requirements that differ from obtaining a Bachelor's degree from Queens College. If you are not a CUNY BA student, please select "NOT APPLICABLE. You must enter a home college equivalent course. If you are unsure of the equivalent, please use the TIPPS Web site for help (there is a link on the left-side menu).
- Click on: "Submit for Approval"
- You will receive e-mails concerning your permit status.
Non-CUNY permit application
- This application may only be used for the purpose of obtaining permission to take a course at a Non-CUNY school. Click here for a Non-CUNY permit application
Permit applications must be submitted during the registration period for the term in which you intend on taking the course. To find the specific dates of registration for a term, please refer to the “Registrar Office”
IMPORTANT NOTE : FILE ON TIME BECAUSE RETROACTIVE PERMITS WILL NOT BE ISSUED