Welcome to your Junior year at Queens College!
As a junior, you start out your year with a major and have the freedom to focus more specifically on your chosen field of study as well as continue to pursue other areas of interest.
As a junior, the majority of your academic advising will be provided by your major and, if applicable, minor advisors. These advisors can provide important insights into your field(s) of study.†
Equally important is that you begin to check Queens College's general education degree requirements in DegreeWorks (accessible via CUNY portal) to ensure that all of your graduation requirements are being met.† By the end of your junior year, you want to make sure that most if not all of your requirements have been completed, and that you are on track for graduation.† This is also a time that you want to work with the Office of Career Development & Internships (Frese Hall 2nd Floor) to explore internships, graduate school, and career opportunities.
Assistant Director for Junior/Senior and Transitioning Services
Kiely Hall 217
Phone : (718) 997-4859 , Fax: (718) 997-5643
Some things to think about as a Junior:
- Junior Year Checklist
- Timeline - Graduate School
- This year is a great opportunity to develop closer relationships with faculty and to strengthen your leadership skills in one of the many clubs or organizations here at Queens College.†
- Meet with a faculty advisor in the major(s) and minor(s) that interest you and file your Declaration of Major and Minor form in the Registrarís Office, Jefferson 100.
- Along with fellow QC juniors, you may choose to spend a semester or an entire academic year studying abroad in one of many programs offered through our Study Abroad Office.†
- Explore topic ideas, talk with professors in your major field to see who shares your interest in possible topics, visit science labs to discover what research is currently being done and who has openings for students.