The QC Major/Minor Information Fair is an exciting event with much to offer, so please take a moment to add it to your calendar now.
The Fair is an event for all students whether undecided about a major or exploring the possibilities of adding a second major and/or a minor. It will provide you with the ability to discover majors with which you may be unfamiliar and to compare all academic offerings in one room! You will also have an opportunity to learn about other academic opportunities, such as Study Abroad and the National Student Exchange Program, as well as service-learning, pre-professional advising and honors programs.
To benefit from the Fair, we suggest you prepare for your visit and make the most of your attendance:
- Create a list of your interests, potential majors and career opportunities.
- Upon check-in, you will be provided with a list of all of the departments and programs represented. Try to budget where you wish to go and who you would like to visit during the program's 2-hour time frame.
- You've got their attention! So be prepared. The Fair is the single-most comprehensive opportunity to talk about majors and other opportunities. Think ahead of the questions you want to ask the faculty and departmental representatives: are there entrance criteria? What are the requirements? What career and graduate studies opportunities will this field open up to me?
- Look into academic opportunities that can supplement your major, such as study abroad, undergraduate research opportunities, and service learning. What intrigues you? What will offer personal and professional growth?
- Take available literature and other information and ask how you may follow-up. What events and activities are coming up in which you may participate?
- Plan to visit the Career Development and Internship Office and take the FOCUS self-assessment test for career and major exploration as a follow-up to what you have begun to research.