Transfer Advising

Welcome Transfer Students!

The Academic Advisement Center offers support to new and returning transfer students on campus. Queens College welcomes approximately 3500 new transfer students each year. We recognize that transfer students have different needs than freshmen as new students on our campus.

Transfer students' previous experiences can range from one completed semester to a completed Associate's or even Bachelor's degree. Our goal is to meet the variety of transfer students' academic and social needs as they transition to Queens College of City University of New York through programming, publications, student organizations, outreach, and advocacy.

Whatever your previous college experience or knowledge of Queens College, we hope that the information and resources linked below will help ease your transition and help you to be a successful QC student!

If you are interested in applying to Queens College or obtaining more information about the transfer admissions process, please contact the Queens College Admissions Office, located in Jefferson Hall Welcome Center.

    What should I be doing this year?

    • Had all transcripts from your previous school(s) sent to the Admissions Office, Jefferson Hall 105?
    • Submitted your proof of immunization to the Health Services Center, Frese Hall 3rd Floor?
    • Submitted your residency papers (if needed) to the Admissions Office, Jefferson Hall 105?
    • Met with a faculty advisor in the major(s) and minor(s) that interest you and filed your Declaration of Major and Minor Form in the Registrarís Office, Jefferson Hall 102?
    • Visited an Academic Advisor in Kiely Hall 217 to find out how your transfer credits fit into your general education requirements?
    • Visited faculty advisors to find out how your transfer credits will fit into your major and minor requirements?
    • Returned your Transfer Credit Evaluation form to the Transfer Credit Evaluation Office, in Jefferson Hall 105?
    • Other questions to consider:
    • Are you doing well in your classes?
    • Are you doing poorly in your classes?
    • If you are receiving financial aid, have you seen a Financial Aid Counselor in Jefferson Hall - Room 202?
    Ivan-Scott Lee
    Associate Director for Transfer and Transition Programs
    Kiely Hall 206

    Phone : (718) 997-5459 , Fax: (718) 997-4690